Tuesday, July 26, 2016

Count Down by Margot Justes










The kiddies and I spent five days in Hilton Head in July-to say it was hot, would be an understatement. Temperatures reached 100, and the humidity provided a few terrific facials free of charge.

My favorite time along the shore is sunrise and sunset, and I made an effort to make sure the walks happened. On one of my morning strolls, I watched as a conservator relocated Loggerhead Sea Turtle eggs from a clean-up area to a safe zone, it is their nesting time.The survival rate is incredibly low, and for further protection they mark the relocated areas. I asked permission, and was allowed to take a photograph.

A good time was had by all, and I took a few pictures of early morning views of the ocean. The family liked it so much, they’re willing to make it an annual event. I’m good with that.

In the process, I realized that it is only two months before I head to Rome. I’m done with small trips, and am now focused on my writing...she wrote laughingly.

The hotel is not booked, prices are astronomical for an off season stay, I’ll wait and watch, the same goes for the airfare. Prices have yet to reflect the fall season.

I checked the cruise prices this morning, and one of the prices dropped substantially. I called and saved $200 per person. Celebrity honors the rate, until the cruise is paid in full.

If a lower rate for the cabin category is available, the price will be adjusted. The important verbiage is the cabin category. Also important are the perks being offered at the time of the original booking, sometimes the lower price excludes the perks, and then the rate is no longer as attractive, in fact sometimes it’s more expensive.

I have a tiny box where I stash the little stuff, hand sanitizer packets, tissues, money belt, and a new nifty gadget-at least new to me-a portable phone charger. I no longer carry my camera. I’m delighted with the results I get from my cell phone, it fits in my purse, and I don’t have to lug another appendage. Since I tend to take many pictures, the charger will give my phone added life while on the road. At least that is what I hope will happen. They’re rather inexpensive, I bought two for fifteen dollars.

It’s easy to forget the little stuff, it is all replaceable, but rather inconvenient. I even have a note to remind me to get the passport. My biggest nightmare is I’ll be at the airport, and my passport will be safely tucked away at home.

About a month before departure I’ll order Euro’s from the bank. There are change station at the airports, but it is more expensive. I still need to book my transportation from the airport to the hotel, and from hotel to Civitavecchia, the Port of Rome. I have used RomeCabs in the past, they’re reliable, reasonable, I can book ahead of time, and pay at time of service.

Cheers,
Margot  Justes
A Hotel in Paris
A Hotel in Bath
A Hotel in Venice
A Fire Within
Blood Art
www.mjustes.com

2 comments:

Morgan Mandel said...

I travel vicariously through you, Margot! Can't wait for your account of the next trip!

Morgan

Margot Justes said...

Hi Morgan,
Thank you so much for reading the blog. Next one is Rome, and back to back cruises, looking forward to being at sea.